2000 Guineas 2015 - Night Of Thunder Causes 40/1 Guineas Shock For Hannon
Night Of Thunder was a shock 40/1 winner of the QIPCO 2000 Guineas as the Richard Hannon-trained raider produced a sensational late burst of speed to reel in the heavily-fancied duo of Kingman and Australia in a thrilling renewal of the Newmarket Classsic.
15:50 Qipco 2000 Guineas Stakes (British Champions Series) (Group 1) (Class 1, 1m)
1. Night Of Thunder - K Fallon - R Hannon 40/1
2. Kingman - J Doyle - J Gosden 6/4 Fav
3. Australia - J O'Brien - A O'Brien 5/2
2000 Guineas 2015 Betting
The 2000 Guineas odds are always eagerly awaited and avidly followed throughout the year. As the race is the first Classic of the season, betting can sometimes be tricky so before taking advantage of our 2000 Guineas Free Bets check out our 2000 Guineas Form guide, which is updated at regular intervals and will give punters pointers as to the likely outcome of the race.
Being one of the five Classics, the 2000 Guineas runners will be some of the finest thoroughbred colts in Europe. These top class horses are more often than not owned by the rich and famous as well as those who are steeped in racing culture. The prize money for this years 2000 Guineas is in excess of Â£375,000, giving some idea as to how valuable a top class horse in racing can be.
Each year we always giveÂ our 2000 Guineas tips and we were successful in the 2009 race which was won by our selection,Â Sea The StarsÂ at the excellent odds of 8/1. Before making a selection It would also be advisable to look through our Top Trainer and Top Jockey pages. These will give you online betting hints on those who have enjoyed profound success in the race and at NewmarketÂ and who will have runners and mounts this year.
2000 Guineas Runners
The list of 2000 Guineas RunnersÂ is always the best around and the entries for 2015 are already starting to take shape with the best three-year-old colts in the UK., Ireland and France heading to Newmarket. Many of the entries will have been prepared for months for the 2000 Guineas and much will depend on how the horses have improved over the winter rather than their form as a Juvenile. All of the big stables will be represented this season as always with Aidan O'Brien and Godolphin often leading the charge, while we will also see top class Guineas entries from the likes of Sir Michael Stoute, Sir Henry Cecil and Richard Hannon who has been in great form over the past couple of years.
Travel and Tickets
Directions to the 2015 Guineas Festival can be found on our Newmarket Travel page along with relevant 2000 Guineas ticket information. Remember that Guineas Festival as a whole will attract huge crowds and it is sensible to prepare well in advance.
|Ol Man River||10|
|John F Kennedy||16|
|Vert De Grece||20|
|The Wow Signal||25|
- Gabrials Kaka tipped for glory in the Lincoln Handicap at Doncaster
- Start Of Flat Season Dominates Predicted 1m Scoop6
- California Chrome To Start Favourite In Exciting Dubai World Cup Odds
- Shutthefrontdoor heads the Grand National betting after 13 defect from Aintree showpiece
- Saturdays Scoop 6 Preview Pepite Rose to storm to victory at Newbury
- The Druids Nephew slashed for Grand National after Cheltenham win
- Saturdays Scoop 6 selections feature a win for Grendisar in the Winter Derby
- Catching On heads the betting for Midlands Grand National